Networker

[Networker] NW server RHEL4 32bit to RHEL5 64 bit upgrade

2011-09-28 17:28:09
Subject: [Networker] NW server RHEL4 32bit to RHEL5 64 bit upgrade
From: getling <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 14:25:51 -0700
Also,

Just got off a chant with support that essentially recanted that part of the
installation guide as 'being cautious'.

He said essentially that 32->64 bit did not actually require any special
procedures if the file system stayed the same. And that those procedures in the
install document were there only for when upgrading the networker packages'
bitness, not the OS' bitness.

Now I'm not sure what to believe. I think I might follow what I think is the
letter of the install guide's law, which is to recover the media db and the
server's index on the new system, and just make sure that I have a good
snapshot of the other indexes...

Greg