Networker

Re: [Networker] Confused about restoring a copy of a database using SQL Module

2011-09-14 10:27:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] Confused about restoring a copy of a database using SQL Module
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:27:07 -0400
OK, so looking at the rendered log on the server shows me that it *is*
backing up every database. But the notification email seems to be
suppressing line, so I wasn't seeing the full list of all databases it is
backing up. Anybody know how to tell the SQL Module to not suppress lines,
so I can see the full list of databases backed up, in a notification
email, so I don't have to render the log to verify that all databases were
backed up properly?

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM

EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
09/14/2011 09:05:30 AM:

> From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
> To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
> Date: 09/14/2011 09:07 AM
> Subject: [Networker] Confused about restoring a copy of a database
> using SQL Module
> Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
>
> I'm confused about something. Recently I had to restore 3 SQL databases
> that had been backed up by the NW SQL Module, from a SQL server that no
> longer exists. So I did a "copy" restore, and the files came over and
are
> now in the new destination SQL server. This destination SQL server has
> both a default instance and a named instance; I restored to the default
> instance. If I use the SQL Management Studio, and go to that default
> instance, I see my 3 restored databases in the list of databases. And I
> can click on them, see the list of tables within the database, etc.
>
> So I think I restored them correctly. :-)
>
> But: I don't see them in the list of databases backed up by the SQL
Module