Networker

Re: [Networker] Manually staging savesets from adv_file volume to tape

2011-09-06 16:23:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] Manually staging savesets from adv_file volume to tape
From: SUBSCRIBE NETWORKER Sree <dalsc11 AT CELANESE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 16:21:48 -0400
NOTE: We are simply removing space by removing older savesets, then
cleaning-up space. We are not putting these savesets to Tape. Ofcourse,
you could use nsrstage to achieve your objective. Here are some useful
worked-out steps:

KPABU1:  How to recover space from a NAS-Share/Adv_file Networker volume:

Get a list of older than 54-days savesets:
C:\> mminfo -t "300 days ago" -r volume,ssid -q "savetime<54 days ago,
volume=kpabu1.dom.cwds.bz.007" > kpa.txt

Now that you have list of savesets, use nsrmm to remove those savesets
from volume, kpabu1.dom.cwds.bz.007:
# nsrmm -dPy -S  ssid#   (remote index space)
# nsrmm -dy -S  ssid#    (remove actual savesets)

We've scripted the lines/output in kpa.txt file to perform nsrmm
operations shown earlier. We had over 3000-4000 savesets to clean!

Finally, how to recover space on this adv_file / NAS-Share volume,
kpabu1.dom.cwds.bz.007:

C:\> nsrclone -P -W kpabu1.dom.cwds.bz.007

Now you will start seeing messages in Networker GUI:
Media info: Recovered 315 GB by deleting 135 savesets from device
\\148.163.220.13\D2D_Backup1.

(**
Alternative to nsrclone as shown above, you could use the following two
commands in its place:

   C:\> nsrstage -v -C -V kpabu1.dom.cwds.bz.007
   C:\> nsrstage -v -C -V kpabu1.dom.cwds.bz.007.RO
**)

Thanks
Sree