Networker

[Networker] VADP using VM proxyhost

2011-07-20 11:42:09
Subject: [Networker] VADP using VM proxyhost
From: Eugene Vilensky <evilensky AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 10:39:45 -0500
Hi,

I have created a VADP proxy host from a VMware template, where a Windows
admin had pre-installed the networker client on the template.  No
sysprepping.

For backups, as long as my DNS and client Remote Access permissions are set
properly on my VADP clients and proxy, everything works as expected.

However, when doing a FULLVM VADP Save Set Restore, the recover status
messages box shows:

nsrvadp_recover:NSR server `server.domain`: client `original_template_name`
is not properly configured on the NetWorker Server.

I can work around this by setting a client alias on the VADP proxy of the
same name as the computer name of the original VMware template.

Is this a value that I can remove somewhere manually?  We've never had
trouble with just renaming client hostnames and DNS with NetWorker, without
sysprep.

Thank you,
Eugene