Networker

Re: [Networker] Restore 2 drives into 1 drive with 1 recover command? - SOLVED

2011-07-18 14:32:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Restore 2 drives into 1 drive with 1 recover command? - SOLVED
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 14:33:11 -0400
You know, I knew I would find the answer 2 minutes after I posted .. the
answer is to tell it to redirect to "G:\" - note trailing slash, denoting
top level. Without it (i.e., just "G:"), it then creates an "H" and "I "
folder, and puts everything in there. I guess it thinks it's a relative
path, and so must add "H" and "I". That isn't the conclusion I would have
drawn from a "G: without an ending slash, but hey - as long as I know how
to accomplish what I need to do.

Thanks and sorry for the waste of the bandwidth.

> I'm confused (I know, nothing new there ...). I'm trying to do a
> re-directed recover, and am not getting the end result I want, and I'm
not
> sure what simple thing I am doing wrong.
>
> Using NW 7.5.2, all on Windows
>
> I backed up certain folders from drive H: and certain folders from drive

> I: onto an AFTD disk on a storage node. Now, I want to restore some (not

> all) of those folders from both source drives onto 1 drive of the snode.

> The problem I am getting is, no matter how I choose which folders I
want,
> the recover is putting them under a top level folder with the source
drive
> letter.
>
> Ex: I fire up the GUI nwrecover. I tell it redirected recovery, and from

> what client, to what client. I then open up the list of folder on drive
H: