Networker

Re: [Networker] nsr rman lock error?

2011-07-11 17:08:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsr rman lock error?
From: Warren Sturm <wrsturm AT MTROYAL DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 15:07:19 -0600
On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 16:32 -0400, Albert, Eddie - JACKSONVIL FL wrote:
> [...]
> that info.
>
> Basically a manual backup is initiated on what appears to be a properly
> configured client.
>
> They receive an error similar to the following:
> ++++++++++++++++++
> channel d1: starting piece 1 at 11-JUL-11 released channel: d1
> RMAN-00571:
> RMAN-00569:
> =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS===============
> RMAN-00571:
> RMAN-03002: failure of backup plus archivelog command at 07/11/2011
> 01:02:01
>
> ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file,
> name="h8kbe0c7_1_1",parms=""
> ORA-27028: skgfqcre: sbtbackup returned error
> ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
> Could not create the NWORA resource lock file (13) (103:105:13)
> ++++++++++++++++++
>
> Does anyone know the root cause, that requires  a TOUCH on the file?
>
> Is there a command prefix or suffix they could use to avoid this issue?
>
> Thanks in advance, /ALE

> This message w/attachments (message) is intended solely for the use of the
> intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged,
> confidential or proprietary. If you are not an intended recipient, please
> notify the sender, and then please delete and destroy all copies and
> attachments, and be advised that any review or dissemination of, or the
> taking of any action in reliance on, the information contained in or attached
> to this message is prohibited.
> Unless specifically indicated, this message is not an offer to sell or a
> solicitation of any investment products or other financial product or
> service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official
> statement of Sender. Subject to applicable law, Sender may intercept,
> monitor, review and retain e-communications (EC) traveling through its
> networks/systems and may produce any such EC to regulators, law enforcement,
> in litigation and as required by law.
> The laws of the country of each sender/recipient may impact the handling of
> EC, and EC may be archived, supervised and produced in countries other than
> the country in which you are located. This message cannot be guaranteed to be
> secure or free of errors or viruses.
>
> References to "Sender" are references to any subsidiary of Bank of America
> Corporation. Securities and Insurance Products: * Are Not FDIC Insured * Are
> Not Bank Guaranteed * May Lose Value * Are Not a Bank Deposit * Are Not a
> Condition to Any Banking Service or Activity * Are Not Insured by Any Federal
> Government Agency. Attachments that are part of this EC may have additional
> important disclosures and disclaimers, which you should read. This message is
> subject to terms available at the following link:
> http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with Sender you
> consent to the foregoing.

> this list. You can access the archives at

I think that file usually gets created when you do:

nsrnmoadmin -r

on the client

It populates it with defaults.

# /nsr/res/nwora.res
#
# This file is created by nsrnmoadmin.  It contains
# all the resources required by NMO.
#

#
# NSR_NWPATH is set to the NetWorker Client directory
#
NSR_NWPATH=/usr/sbin

#
# NSR_ORACLECAT_MODE specifies if catalog synchronization is 'enabled'
# or 'disabled'.  It is set to 'undetermined' by default.  It must be
set
# to either 'enabled' or 'disabled' by an administrator before proxy
copy
# backups may be performed.
#
NSR_ORACLECAT_MODE=undetermined

#
# NSR_REMOVE_ON_FAILURE specifies if the NMO index entries should be
# removed if catalog synchronization fails.  It is set to FALSE by
default.
#
NSR_REMOVE_ON_FAILURE=FALSE

#
# NSR_ORACLE_NLS_LANG is equivalent to the NLS_LANG parameter used by
# Oracle.
#
NSR_ORACLE_NLS_LANG=

#
# NSR_ORACLECAT_LOG_FILE is the log file for nsroraclecat when it
performs
# catalog synchronization.
#
NSR_ORACLECAT_LOG_FILE=

#
# NSR_ORACLECAT_DEBUG_FILE is the debug log file for nsroraclecat when
it
# performs catalog synchronization.
#
NSR_ORACLECAT_DEBUG_FILE=

#
# NSR_TMPDIR is the location used to write temporary files.  It only
needs
# to be set when the default locations /tmp (UNIX) and C:\Temp are not
used.
#
NSR_TMPDIR=

#
# NSR_BUNDLING specifies if NMO saveset set bundling is 'enabled'
# or 'disabled'.  It is set to 'disabled' by default.
#
NSR_BUNDLING=disabled

#
# NSR_INCR_EXPIRATION specifies if the NMO full-incremental dependency
# aware expiration policy is 'enabled' or 'disabled'.  It is set to
# 'disabled' by default.
#
NSR_INCR_EXPIRATION=disabled