Networker

[Networker] Using a NW 7.6.2 client with a 7.5.2 server?

2011-06-29 08:42:55
Subject: [Networker] Using a NW 7.6.2 client with a 7.5.2 server?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 08:43:59 -0400
I have a new client to install today, Win 2008 R2. My server and snodes
are all at 7.5.2, and will, for at least a few weeks more. (see other
msg). But I really want to install 7.6.2 on this new client now, rather
than put 7.5.2 on there (with it's limited support for Win2008 R2), and
then upgrade later.

While I won't get the full benefits of 7.6.2 support for Win2008 R2, since
the server isn't 7.6.2 yet, will it be any worse than running 7.5.2? It
will still work, at least to same levels as 7.5.2, right? And I won't have
to upgrade this client in a few weeks ...

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM