Networker

Re: [Networker] EMC NetWorker 7.6SP2 Release General Availability

2011-06-28 14:01:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] EMC NetWorker 7.6SP2 Release General Availability
From: Eugene Vilensky <evilensky AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:59:10 -0500
On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 11:22 AM,  <michael.jones2 AT emc DOT com> wrote:
> The NetWorker 7.6SP2 RA refresh build added support for Data Domain Archiver,
> NMM 2.3 DD Boost and VMware VADP and In-Guest backups of the same UNIX/Linux
> based virtual machine.

no bugs fixed or issues resolved between RA and RA-refresh apart from
feature release?

Are customers who chose to go production on the original RA build,
having taken word that it was as good as a previous GA release from a
QA perspective, considered to be running GA?

If not, and we continue running the original RA release, are we
considered to be running beta or something less than the "real" 7.6
SP2?

I believe I am not the only one who would like more information on
what exactly "Refresh Build" means and EMC has been particularly dodgy
on this point.

> There is no change between the RA Refresh and GA builds.

Good to know.

-Eugene