Networker

[Networker] white lines over text in nwadmin gui

2011-06-28 10:19:38
Subject: [Networker] white lines over text in nwadmin gui
From: jfish <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 07:18:50 -0700
"white lines over text in nwadmin gui
In regard to: [Networker] white lines over text in nwadmin gui, jfish said...:

I just inherited a network running Networker 7.2.1. I'm trying to get
Savegroup Completion notice to mail to root but have not been able -
everything looks OK - except in the Action text box the text is covered
with vertical white lines running every 2 mm or so. I've never seen
this, and so 1) what is it; and 2) could it be related to savegroup
completion mail not getting sent out?

I doubt it's related. It sounds like a display artifact of some type.
Try viewing or modifying the resource via "nsradmin", in visual mode if
you're on Linux or UNIX since that's easiest to start with.

You don't say anything about the NetWorker server; if you're running
windows for your NetWorker server, you probably need an MTA (mail transfer
agent) to handle sending an SMTP email. If you're on a Linux or UNIX
system, it could be that your server isn't configured to run an MTA, so
outgoing messages might just be queueing up.

NetWorker 7.2.1, though pretty stable, is now ancient. It's been
unsupported for years. Assuming you're going to continue with NetWorker,
you really need to plan an upgrade to something that's recent and
supported.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney < at > ndsu.edu
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure 701-231-1076 (Voice)

via RSS at http://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?RSS&L=NETWORKER";

Tim,

Thanks for the reply, and for being gentle with me on my first post. I'm sorry
I didn't think to give the pertinent info. - It's running on Solaris 9. After
reading your suggestion, I did some tests, and you put me on the right track, I
think. I'm not able to send local mail on the server from my non-privledged
account to root and vice versa. That's how I want the messages, so I need to
fix that. I will jump on it. Thanks,

Jim