Networker

[Networker] Test recover of a client index?

2011-06-15 18:15:09
Subject: [Networker] Test recover of a client index?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 18:12:20 -0400
I would like to run a test recovery of a client index save set. Is it possible to do this without using nsrck? I don't want to recover it to the actual location on the backup server (Linux RH). In fact, I want to recover it to a different machine, and then recover the same save set from a clone volume and compare the two results. The only reason for doing this is to corroborate that the data is the same on both volumes. Yes, I could pick a non-index save set to test instead, and I've done that many times, but I'd like to try an index save set.

I've never done this before. The only time I've ever recovered an index was when I really needed to recover it, in which case I used nsrck. So what happens if you do a save set recover (CLI recover) of an index on another machine, not the server? If this won't work then can you use scanner with uasm to do a raw recovery on the storage node?

Thanks.

George

--
George Sinclair