Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Hangs Labelling Tape

2011-06-13 13:18:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Hangs Labelling Tape
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 10:18:23 -0700
In my experience if I tried to "Inventory" a bunch of unlabeled tapes the drive
would be disabled after multiple failures to read a label.  However, if I used
"Reset" to make NetWorker aware of the unlabeled tapes in our library (which
keeps its own inventory) then I could "Label" them without causing the drive to
be disabled because each successful label operation reset the consecutive
errors counter so there was only one error operation for each successful
operation.

Dave Werth
Garmin AT, Inc.
Salem, Oregon