Networker

[Networker] LDAP Syntax on Backup Server User Groups not Console

2011-06-13 07:21:37
Subject: [Networker] LDAP Syntax on Backup Server User Groups not Console
From: Lagerstars <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 04:19:46 -0700
Hi All,

Am testing out the LDAP authentication and have the Console access working just
fine thanks to a few useful posts on various websites (no thanks to the EMC
Documentation as usual).
I've encountered an issue now though with configuring the Backup servers. Under
User Groups on the Config tab, i'm trying to add AD groups in to these groups
to provide access.

The syntax in the documentation says to use:

user=user_name,Domain=Domain_name
or
group=group_name,Domainsid=Domain_sid

Now i entered in:

group=Backup_Users,Domain=mydomain.co.uk

The program accepted the syntax (i know this as i mistyped the domain name at
first and it said it couldnt find it and wouldnt let me OK the window until it
was correct) but it doesnt work, no access is provided. I'm not in front of my
test box right now to test, but does it really need the Domain's SID number to
locate it? I cant believe it does from reading the docs