Networker

[Networker] Migrating Networker 7.4.5 from win 2000 to win2003

2011-06-12 09:00:21
Subject: [Networker] Migrating Networker 7.4.5 from win 2000 to win2003
From: kurianv <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 05:59:39 -0700
Hi,
We are planning to migrate our Networker server to another hardware from win
2000 server to Win2003 server with another hostname. We are keeping the same
netowoker version ( i.e. 7.4.5 ) , but we are changing the  hostname and
server. I have the documentation for installing the Netoworker. But after
installation , could you tell me in detail what are the next steps to be done ?

1) Do we have to copy the mm and res folder?
2) Will we get all our previous storage node configurations and also the extra
configurations like NDMP configuration ?
3) Will we het our client  details without taking the trouble to add each
clients once again ?
4) Will we get the media volume information ?

i know wwe have to run the command NSRCK -L7 command to retrive the index
information .. But when should we run this command?

Your suggestions would be valuable ..

Thanks and Regards,
Kurianv