Networker

[Networker] Daily backup administrator activities

2011-06-09 20:21:28
Subject: [Networker] Daily backup administrator activities
From: brerrabbit <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 17:19:27 -0700
I've got a few:

- Perform routine random restore testing (file level restores, system level
restores, and application data - think Exchange - restores)
- Identify new systems added to the environment that need to be added to
routine backup schedule
- Verify existing client backup configurations meet appropriate standard
- Review maintenance agreements for correct coverage/licensing   <--- My
personal fav ;-)
- Provide system owners and management with coverage / performance reports

Stan, I really liked your inclusion of the audit responses.

I'm really interested in other folks' responses too....

--brerrabbit