Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape HP LTO Ultrium RW 1.6TB not mounted in SUN SL500 Tape L

2011-06-04 06:57:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape HP LTO Ultrium RW 1.6TB not mounted in SUN SL500 Tape L
From: "STANLEY R. HORWITZ" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 06:56:59 -0400
This issue might be the result of a hardware problem. Check the connectivity to
the device at the operating system level

For example, try manually loading a new tape into the tape drive, then use mt
commands on it such as

mt status -f /dev/rmt/0cbn

A tape that NetWorker does not recognize will be flagged as not being in the
media database, which is normal for new tapes.

Is this a new installation, or was this server up and running before?