Networker

Re: [Networker] Clone of a clone

2011-05-31 15:40:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Clone of a clone
From: jee <jee AT ERESMAS DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 20:38:28 +0100
Hi Jeffrey,

as you have attempted to do this via nsrclone by specifying the exact
ssid/cloneid of the savesets on the clone RO volume, then the problem cannot
be that only the ssid is picked up. NW knows what instance is to be cloned.
It looks more like a problem related to the SN and devices configuration.

If by storage node affinity you mean the "clone storage nodes" attribute
configured on the source SN client definition, then that seems to be right.

Do you have any device restrictions on the clone pool configuration?

Does the manual nsrclone command show what devices are not available and on
what host? If not, Is it possible to use dbgcommand to raise the debug level
of nsrexecd on the source and target SN during the time the cloning is
attempted? (debug level 5 should suffice)

If the target pool P2 (specified with -b ) doesn't have any device
restrictions AND the "clone storage nodes" attribute on the client
configuration of  SN1 contains SN2, THEN you should be able  to clone from
pool P1, and the devices connected to SN1,  and write to pool P2 and the
drives on SN2 (if I got the design right...)

jee