Networker

Re: [Networker] Clone of a clone

2011-05-31 08:47:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Clone of a clone
From: "Morton, Jeffrey" <Jeffrey.Morton AT MULTIPLAN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 08:47:24 -0400
OK, so here's my situation.

I am currently attempting to use the clone controlled replication
capability of DD Boost to move data to a remote site for tape output
using scheduled cloning.

This works well.

The problem I am encountering now is with attempting to move that data
to tape at the remote site.  Despite several attempts to specify storage
node affinity, clone volume pool, etc.. the scheduled clone just appears
to hang without any specific reason. I'll assume at this point that it
is picking just the SSID on the clone volume pool and reverting to the
original copy at the source location.

I've also attempted to do this via nsrclone by specifying the exact
ssid/cloneid of the savesets on the clone RO volume and I get an error
stating that the device is not available.

Anyone have any suggestions?