Networker

Re: [Networker] Getting a list of the contents of every tape ever made by Networker

2011-05-14 04:27:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] Getting a list of the contents of every tape ever made by Networker
From: jee <jee AT ERESMAS DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 09:25:16 +0100
Hi Michael,

not sure whether you are asking about media db or CFI entries. They are
different things but sometimes we come across "media index" which
means "media db". But I find the former to be rather misleading.

When the retention of the saveset expires networker marks the saveset as
(E)ligible for recycling (i.e. expired) but it doesn't delete the saveset
form the media db. It does that when the tape is recycled or the saveset
manually removed from the media db using nsrmm (Note:  You may want to add
the ssflags parameter to your mminfo report to show that status.)

The client file index is different and not what they are asking for (if I
understood the question). The CFI contains a list with all the files or
objects that exist on each saveset. It makes the saveset browsable.

If you want to do that compilation I suggest to use csv output on the mminfo
report (option "-xc,") and show something like this:

"client,name,level,savetime,ssretent,ssflags,sumflags,pool,volume,volretent,volflags"

Now you have two options:

- import the csv from excel (and remove columns they may not want). That
would save you some scripting work
- use an awk or perl  script to produce the report. The csv format is very
easy to handle from a script.

jee