Networker

[Networker] Directive question - is "+" required?

2011-05-12 10:01:18
Subject: [Networker] Directive question - is "+" required?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 10:00:43 -0400
I am confused about something. In the NW 7.5 Administration Guide, the
list of ASMs in directives (p. 179) shows all the ASMss as having a plus
sign before them - i.e., +skip:, +null:, etc.

But I have a directive (that I *think* came installed with the NMC, called
"Unix standard directives") that doesn't use the + - it just lists
"skip:", without the "+".

Every time I have made a directive (I only use global directives), I've
always specified "+skip:" or "+null:". And it has always seemed to work.
So I'm just curious - is the "+" necessary, or do I just have a bogus
directive?
(since I have no Unix clients, I've never had a reason to look too closely
at that directive)

Thanks
--
Michael Leone