Networker

Re: [Networker] LTO-3 Tape can't be recycled

2011-05-10 14:43:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] LTO-3 Tape can't be recycled
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 14:42:20 -0400
When you right click on a tape and select 'recycle' the only thing you
can change is the 'policy' as to how the tape changes mode to become
'recyclable' , either 'automatically' (as save-sets expire) or
'manually' (where you force a mode change to 'recyclable')...

A tape does not change its mode/state to 'recyclable' until ALL the
savesets on that tape have also become  'recyclable'.... or you manually
force it by right-clicking on the tape and select 'Change Mode' and
select Recyclable...