Networker

[Networker] Tape-to-tape copy?

2011-05-05 15:07:33
Subject: [Networker] Tape-to-tape copy?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 15:08:01 -0400
I have a request for copies of some old backup tapes. I'm wondering if I
can do a job that copies directly tape-to-tape - so that I don't need to
do a recover to some other disk location, then run a backup of that onto
new media, and repeat for each of these 12-15 tapes.

And if I can, can one new tape hold multiple tape copies? That is, can I
do a tape-to-tape copy of an old tape from 2005-09 onto a new blank tape,
and then add the contents of 2006-02 onto the new tape that has 2005-09 on
it, or is the tape-to-tape copy similar to an image copy? i.e., nothing
else can be added to the new tape?

Would this be the nsrclone command? (which I've never used from the
command line)

Thanks

--
Michael Leone