Networker

[Networker] Cant browse to older date despite index showing as browsable

2011-04-14 11:06:45
Subject: [Networker] Cant browse to older date despite index showing as browsable
From: drcarrera <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 07:41:13 -0700
Hi

I'm trying to recover a directory on an HP-UX client (glass) of a Linux
Networker server.
Because the backup was taken a couple of months ago (on Jan 27th) , I restored
the index for the saveset using the scanner command on the server :

# scanner -i -S 893516017 /dev/nst0

Now, this saveset is shown as broswable :

# mminfo -v -q 'ssid=893516017'
 volume        client           date     time         size ssid      fl   lvl
name
LBS124         glass             27/01/11 23:00:02 4650 MB 893516017 cb
/nfs/glass/sws

However, I can't "see" it on the client - the oldest saveset it can seen is
April 4th :

recover> versions

Versions of `/nfs/glass/sws/':

   2 drwxrwxrwx root     root         2048 Feb 17 2010  sws/
     save time:  Wed Apr 13 23:00:02 2011
      location:  LBS107 at tatooine
.
.
.

   2 drwxrwxrwx root     root         2048 Feb 17 2010  sws/
     save time:  Mon Apr  4 23:10:42 2011
      location:  LBS092

Have I missed a step out here? How do I make the recovered index usable by the
client for file recovery?

Any ideas greatfully received!

Chris