Networker

[Networker] Storage node with AFTD device greater than 2TB on Windows

2011-04-12 05:09:33
Subject: [Networker] Storage node with AFTD device greater than 2TB on Windows
From: tonyalbers <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 02:08:49 -0700
tonyalbers wrote:
Sorry all, I was repyling to this:

"We're thinking of changing the configuration of one of our storage nodes.
Right now, it writes to an AFTD device that is a 2TB NTFS formatted drive
(presented from the SAN). 2TB is the max size of an NTFS drive that was
initialized as an MBR drive. However, if you initialize the drive as a
GUID partition, it supports sizes greater than 2TB (so the documentation
says)"

It's is 2TB for basic disk systems and 62TB for dynamic disk systems.
I hope at below links help.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc773268%28WS.10%29.aspx
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237853

Regards, Riku

Thanks Riku,

I guess I'll have to dig some more then.

/tony