Networker

[Networker] jobsdb nsrladb cleaning and index save hung

2011-04-04 14:06:14
Subject: [Networker] jobsdb nsrladb cleaning and index save hung
From: tbirkenbach <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 11:05:56 -0700
Right, sorry...  NetWorker v7.6.1.1 on Solaris 10 x64.

On 4/4/11 11:38 AM, tbirkenbach wrote:
>>Some of my savegroups seem to "hang" on index saves. In reading here and the
>>EMC forums, a general recommendation comes up to "clear the cache" from time
>>to time and to delete or rename on the NetWorker server /nsr/res/jobsdb and
>>/nsr/res/nsrladb. I think I understand what's in jobsdb, no so much on
>>nsrladb.

>>Can anyone tell me the importance of these directories and what impact it
>>would have on NetWorker in deleting or renaming them?
Any guesses as to whether or not this would fix an intermittent problem with
index saves hanging?

>/nsr/res/nsrladb is critical to the operation of networker and should
>absolutely not be renamed
or deleted (except during a disaster recovery process).

>What I do monthly is move /nsr/res/jobsdb and /nsr/tmp aside and have
>networker make a new one
after my maintenance day is finished.

>You don't say what version of networker you are running, so any ideas about
>why your indexes
are hanging would be complete speculation on my part. There have been a lot of
discussions on
this list (and fixes released from EMC) for savegrp hanging on indexes ... I
think they are for
7.6.