Networker

Re: [Networker] Windows server with 10GB NIC - Tunning

2011-03-11 12:38:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Windows server with 10GB NIC - Tunning
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 09:37:39 -0800
We recently installed a new server with a 10GB NIC but we don't have enough
clients to drive it to anywhere near its rated speed.  Have you looked at your
clients to see if they're capable of feeding the backups as fast as you think
it should go?  Is the server the NIC is on capable of receiving at those
speeds?  I have my doubts that NIC tuning is the cause of your problems.

Dave Werth
Garmin AT, Inc.
Salem, Oregon