Networker

Re: [Networker] Savesets being deleted -- how to catch it???

2011-03-03 13:18:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] Savesets being deleted -- how to catch it???
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 13:17:46 -0500
On 3/3/11 12:12 PM, Punitsingh Suryawanshi wrote:
> Hey Frank,
> Never heard of this, some more info will be good.
>
> 1) System time on the client.

We use ntp, so the system time on the client matches with the system time on
the networker servers.

> 2) flat file backup (using scheduled group should be perfect), check if it is
> getting deleted too.

This system does do nightly backups, and they are not being deleted -- but
there are normal
directives (which are replaced by the use of -f on the save command in these
scripts) which
prevent the backup directories from being backed up.

> 3) It is not rman backup right? From what I understand, oracle is dumping
> data to some file and
> save is used.

Correct, these are NOT rman backups - however, there are rman scripts that the
DBA's do run and
NMO is licensed for this system.  I haven't ruled out rman/NMO going bonkers
here.

> 4) Are there multiple profiles for this client on the server or just one?

There is a single client definition for this client in NetWorker.

> 5) Can you check when is nsrim running for you.

According to the timestamp on the /nsr/mm/nsrim.prv file, it is running at 11pm
(I do not have
nsrim run via cron and have not manually run it since I upgraded from 7.5.3.2
to 7.5.3.4 --
which was on December 21, 2010.

Thanks,
  Frank