Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Upgrade 7.5.1.4 to 7.6.1 ..Questions

2011-02-16 10:22:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Upgrade 7.5.1.4 to 7.6.1 ..Questions
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 10:20:08 -0500
> about [4]
> it is indeed a "nice" feature of networker to delete the
> networker.cfg file during the install of the client package. Thus it
> is a good idea to save the file prior to upgrading on each client,
> where you really use it. Btw. networker.cfg file is the local
> directive created by the networkr user GUI.

I never use local directives on the clients, I put all my directives into
NMC. So I never worry about "networker.cfg" getting overwritten by an
upgrade. Then again, I don't have all that many directives ...

BTW ... 7.6.2 is due Real Soon Now, I'm told. In fact, I am waiting for
it, before I upgrade from 7.5.2. The OP may want to do the same, to avoid
another round of updating from 7.6.1 to 7.6.2.