Networker

[Networker] bootstrap

2011-02-15 08:46:51
Subject: [Networker] bootstrap
From: kurtica <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 08:45:40 -0500
Hi,

after upgrading from 7.4.2 to 7.5.3 we encouter a problem with bootstrap/index
saving. We upgraded 4 similar servers and this only happend on one of them.

The first thing was that our server was renamed by networker from servername to
servername.uk.tmo which was its alias. It happened also on the other 3 servers.
On this one we cannot save indexes and bootstrap.
All clients configured for servername were also renamed to uk.tmo. When I
renamed one to the previous name, the indexes were saved, but not bootstrap.
Probably because bootstrap is saved from the "new" client.

It fails with this:

39077:save: error, no matching devices for save of client `servername.uk.tmo';
check storage nodes, devices or pools

5777:save: Cannot open save session with servername.uk.tmo

I have checked storagenodes, devices and pools, but found nothing weird. also
the other savesets from the same client were successful, only bootstrap and
index was a problem

Any ideas?
thank you