Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.6.1 - Savesets hang

2011-02-14 02:50:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.6.1 - Savesets hang
From: Dag Nygren <dag AT NEWTECH DOT FI>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 09:50:05 +0200
onsdag 09 februari 2011 15:29:02 skrev  Kevin Malone:
> Dave...my luck ran out this last night.  A log backup hung up on one of my
> 2 clients that has been giving me trouble.  Back to the drawing board for
> me.  A whole 48 hours of backup bliss......

There is a bug in the Microsoft TCP/IP stack. See:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wndp/archive/2007/07/05/receive-window-auto-tuning-on-
vista.aspx

And turn off the autotuning stuff.
It was Microsoft's attempt at doing what every UNIX has been doing 20 years by
now. And they haven't succeeded yet...

Best
Dag