Networker

Re: [Networker] How to delete a client file index?

2011-02-09 22:42:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to delete a client file index?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 22:41:25 -0500
On 02/08/11 05:19, Jason Faultless wrote:
You have to perform the nsrck -R -Y first to clear down the
bulk of the CFI data on disk. Networker can only expire CFI's
for clients that exist, so once the client resource has been deleted
then Networker will no longer be able to do so.
nsrck -R -Y will leave a sort of skeleton structure in /nsr/index
so I've always

nsrck -Y -R
rm -r /nsr/index/<client>
nsradmin delete resources associated with client

A restart of the app is most certainly not needed.

Thanks. If you already removed the client resource(s), can you simply 'rm -rf client' at that point? Or should you instead re-create the client resource (using same clientid), run the nsrck command, 'rm -r client' and then delete the resource?

George

Jason.