Networker

Re: [Networker] Indexes of Unusual Size

2011-02-09 03:35:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Indexes of Unusual Size
From: "Abad Uriarte, Arkaitz" <arkaitz.abad AT EHU DOT ES>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 09:35:05 +0100
Hello,

We have 83 G size index on one of our clients. Is big, but is possible.

Arkaitz
ARKAITZ ABAD URIARTE

Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea              Email: arkaitz.abad @ehu.es
Bizkaiko I.I.S.I.G                         Tel. : 94 601 8390
Aurreztu papera. E-posta hau inprimatu beharra daukazu?

Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM> escribió:

If you are doing differentials/incrementals the index size is also related to the rate of changes on the files. Two filesystems with the same number of files, but one where a large number of files change daily can easily have 2x size of the index.