Networker

[Networker] Networker 7.6 + LDAP authentication

2011-01-25 02:57:24
Subject: [Networker] Networker 7.6 + LDAP authentication
From: grndmstr <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 18:59:17 -0500
I had similar issues, eventually i found out that the External Role actually
needs to be a group name that becomes the Security Admin grp for the console.
Create a group in OU=IT,OU=Branches,DC=domain_name,DC=com and add yourself to
it. Use the friendly group name in this field, not the LDAP path to the group.

In next page in External Role field I entered my account in uppercase:
JSAZONOV. Pressing the <<Next>> button I have error message "External role is
invalid".
I tryed to enter my account name in different formats: jsazonov,
jsazonov@domain_name.com, domain_name/jsazonov in lowercase and uppercase - but
it always failed .I always have error message "External role is invalid".