Networker

Re: [Networker] VSS errors backing up Win2008 R2 clients

2010-12-08 12:49:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] VSS errors backing up Win2008 R2 clients
From: jee <jee AT ERESMAS DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 17:48:44 +0000
HI Michael,

This is a Windows issue (Windows registry or some VSS catalog not cleaned up
after installing/de-installing some package containing the file).

Networker provides a patched binary which skips those files.

I got rid of this same problem on two different clients by simply creating the
missing  (dummy) file.

jee