Networker

[Networker] change vtl from clone to primary

2010-12-06 11:23:54
Subject: [Networker] change vtl from clone to primary
From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 11:23:10 -0500
hi our primary vtl died this weekend, so i've moved all our primary
networker backups to write to our secondary (clone) VTL - i changed the
pool types from "Backup Clone" to "Backup", and checked "Save Index
Entries" (I dont' care about losing clones, i need primary backups
working for now)

I did not change the default label for the pool however, i left it at
the old setting as I assumed i would have to re-label all my tapes,
which I really don't have time for...

At first, I thought this seemed to all be working fine, backups work etc
etc... but ... i've noticed it's running a bootstrap backup on every
backup ... any ideas why or how to stop that?

thanks - NW 7.5.2 /Win2003 R2

jamie