Networker

Re: [Networker] Unable to start manual cloning

2010-12-04 11:59:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] Unable to start manual cloning
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 11:58:31 -0500
> Michael,
>
> Have you tried cloning the same savesets from the command line?

That does work:

C:\Documents and Settings\servadmin>nsrclone -b "PHACLONE" -S
368589948/1291336827
setquit() ...

C:\Documents and Settings\servadmin>nsrclone -vv -b "PHACLONE" -S
368589948/1291336827
5874:nsrclone: Automatically copying save sets(s) to other volume(s)
6216:nsrclone:
Starting cloning operation...
6217:nsrclone:   ...from storage node: admnlts003.wrk.ads.pha.phila.gov
5884:nsrclone: Successfully cloned all requested save sets
5886:nsrclone: Clones were written to the following volume(s):
        006028
        006029

> I would try one saveset first
> If it works with one saveset try cloning the rest of the savesets.
>
> And if that works, maybe this is a problem with the NMC in which case I
would
> install a different version of NMC on some other host and try cloning
from
> that other GUI. This may rule out the NMC or point to some the
> problem on the
> NMC.

NMC says v3.5.3 build 541, based on Netware 7.5.3.2 build 541.

Mind you, my server and all storage nodes are NW 7.5.2, so the NMC is from
a later version (the NMC is not installed on any server or snode).