Networker

Re: [Networker] Problems renaming server during an upgrade

2010-12-01 16:52:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problems renaming server during an upgrade
From: jee <jee AT ERESMAS DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 21:51:46 +0000
Michael,

have you tried the following?

-1) Use the old w2k3 server's bootstrap to do a DR on w2k8
-2) Rename the NW w2k8 server to the final name (not using NMC)
-3) Install NMC

For instance:

1)
- de-install NW from the w2k8 server
- rename the w2k8 host from the current "B"  to the old w2k3 host name "A"
- edit the etc\hosts file accordingly (using  IP["A"]  and  "A"  (or FQDN["A"]
whichever name applies)
- reboot OS
- install NW
- make sure NMC is not started (or not installed at all at this stage)
- configure one drive (use jbconfig)
- Perform a normal DR (using mmrecovr and latest "A"'s good bootstrap)
- stop NW and replace res with the recovered res.R
- reboot
- carry on with the DR until completion (follow the NW DR guide)
- reboot

2) Follow the rename procedure to rename from "A" to "B"

3) install NMC

It should work...

jee