Networker

Re: [Networker] RHEL 6 support yet

2010-12-01 13:46:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] RHEL 6 support yet
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 12:44:06 -0600
In regard to: [Networker] RHEL 6 support yet, Matthew Powell said (at...:

Does anyone here on this list have a RHEL6 server set up with an ext4
file system yet with Legato? We have some folks here that would like to
test it out. Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice on this
subject. Thanks and have a great day.

It's no surprise that RHEL6 is not listed in the Software Compatibility
Guide. I would imagine it will be 6 months before EMC is willing to claim
support for RHEL6 -- possibly longer because of the RPC changes.

I was, however, surprised to see that there is no support for ext4 listed
in the SCG. I think ext4 has been an option on SuSE for a while.  Other
filesystem types (Reiser, XFS, JFS) are listed as supported.

We're only beginning to play with RHEL6 in test environments, and I
haven't had any time to look at how much work it's going to be to back it
up with NetWorker.

Tim
edu