Networker

Re: [Networker] Possible Storage Node disconnect - or Auth Issue?

2010-11-29 02:31:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Possible Storage Node disconnect - or Auth Issue?
From: Riku Valli <riku.valli AT UTA DOT FI>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:29:37 +0200
tkimball wrote:
Morning all,

Sun EBS (Networker) 7.4.4 Server/SN/NMC, 7.4.x clients.  All Solaris/Sparc 10
(for the affected hosts).

We had a problem with certain backups to one of our tape pools last Friday,
most of which were recovered OK (thankfully these were non-critical).

I'm not seeing any specific logs that would determine if a tape was at fault
(the normal case in our experience), but instead I have these errors in the
storage node's daemon.raw file:
Some host have same name at their certificates, you should delete these. So there are certificate mitcmatch. Newer Networkers used these certificates for authentication. Check esg73971 where is clarification and orders for There is already a machine using the name...

We hava had issue where couple of machines were made certificates for localhost. I found these machines eith this command
echo print | /usr/sbin/nsradmin -p 390113 -i - -s client_name

So i stopped Networker agent in client and deleted /nsr/res/nsrladb, then deleted certificate from Networker server and restart client which recreate this directory again.

Regards, Riku
-----
MsgID TimeStamp Severity Category ErrorNo ProcessID HostName ProgramName
RenderedMessage
39078 11/26/10 19:42:06  0 0 2 2316 host1 nsrexecd SYSTEM error: There is already a machine using the name:
"syb". Either choose a different name for your machine, or delete the "NSR peer information" entry
for "syb" on host: "host1"
39078 11/26/10 20:10:20  0 0 2 2316 host1 nsrexecd SYSTEM error: There is already a machine using the name:
"syb". Either choose a different name for your machine, or delete the "NSR peer information" entry
for "syb" on host: "host1"

67209 11/26/10 23:13:26  2 0 0 2316 host1 nsrexecd An internal tracking event: GSS Legato
authentication user session entry (warning): "User authentication session timed out
and is now invalid.". Session number = 1:1, domain = 165607, user name = 590,
NetWorker Instance Name =
67209 11/26/10 23:43:26  2 0 0 2316 host1 nsrexecd An internal tracking event: GSS Legato
authentication user session entry (warning): "User authentication session timed out
and is now invalid.". Session number = 1:1, domain = 165616, user name = 1725213,
NetWorker Instance Name =
-----

The first group of errors have shown up several times in the past year, but not
affected anything that I know about (clarifying what its saying would be
appreciated though).

I'm more concerned with the second set of errors, we got a LOT of those clear
through to late next morning.

And the only other hints I have are:
- a tape in the affected pool left in a drive, not ejected (had to force that
from the GUI, but it did come out OK)
- all the affected clients are pointed to the Node in question
- all but one of the clients are on a different subnet than the Node in question

There is nothing telling in the main server's daemon.log, unfortunately.
Usually its very clear that a tape has gone south, and I just take it out of
rotation; No luck here, though I did take the tape left in the drive out of
rotation (for safety).

Suggestions?

--TSK

Tim Kimball   --   http://sungak.net