Networker

[Networker] [Off topic] NetWorker Usage Survey, November 2010 (follow-up)

2010-11-25 15:38:53
Subject: [Networker] [Off topic] NetWorker Usage Survey, November 2010 (follow-up)
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 07:36:27 +1100
Hi everyone,

Just a follow-up reminder of the NetWorker Usage Survey that's running on the
NetWorker blog at the moment. It's due to close 30 November, so there's only a
few days left to get your responses in.

It's a short, 12 question survey that'll take around 2 minutes or so at most to
answer, is completely anonymous, and I'll be publishing a report in December
about NetWorker usage within the community based on the survey results.

One particular thing of note: a focus I've got in this survey is about open
source databases, and whether the users of those databases would pay for a
module if EMC had one. If you've been wanting a MySQL or PostgreSQL module,
filling in this survey may help to give weight to your requirements.

If you're interested in participating and providing some statistics on
NetWorker usage, you'll find the survey details here:

http://nsrd.info/blog/2010/11/17/networker-usage-survey-november-2010/

(If you want to read the original report produced to see the sort of feedback
I'm subsequently giving to the community after the survey closes, you can
download that report at
http://nsrd.info/reports/NW_Usage_Survey_March_2010.pdf).

Cheers,

Preston.