Networker

Re: [Networker] NME or NMM for Exchange backups?

2010-11-19 10:07:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] NME or NMM for Exchange backups?
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:04:57 -0600
I've been having discussions with an EMC employee, via email and
Powerlink, discussing the use of NME over NMM.  In our case, we have 15
NME licenses, and didn't want to buy additional/new licenses as we
upgrade to Exchange 2010.

I was assured that as long as we are under service contract, NME
licenses will be converted, if/when the time was necessary.  It looks
like it will be necessary eventually, but nothing is written in stone,
at this point.

In the meantime, Networker's Exchange 2010 binary backup will work, with
your current NME licenses.

Lastly, Networker is due to release an update for Exchange backups, in
Q1 of 2011.

David M. Browning Jr.
IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk