Networker

Re: [Networker] Strange error on CentOS ver. 5

2010-11-09 07:56:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Strange error on CentOS ver. 5
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 07:55:29 -0500
Hi Matthew,

I have run into this a lot recently with systems that are cloned and have the
/nsr/res/nsrladb
directory (and contents) from the original system.  I'll bet that if you find
what Jee pointed
out in the /etc/hosts file, that even after you fix that you'll still have this
error message.

If you do have the hostname correctly set, and the /etc/hosts correctly set (as
Jee pointed
out), and you are still getting this error, it is likely that the SSL cert the
NetWorker client
created has the wrong hostname.  You can check for that by using the following
sequence:

(as root on the CentOS server)
# echo "print type: nsrla" | nsradmin -p nsrexec

Look at the name: line -- if it isn't correct, you will need to use the
following to fix it:

- stop networker on the CentOS server
- mv /nsr/res/nsrladb /nsr/res/nsrladb.old
- start networker on the CentOS server
- if you had previously used nsrports to limit the port ranges, do it again

Frank