Networker

[Networker] NMC dies after password auth attempt

2010-11-05 16:22:49
Subject: [Networker] NMC dies after password auth attempt
From: Jonathan Smith <smithj AT ALASKA DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 12:12:01 -0800
I recently switched to Windows 7 x86_64 (on a VM, not that it should matter). However, I can't get NMC to work correctly on the new box. After launching the app, and typing in a (valid) username and password, the app just dies. No error message, nothing in the java webstart logs, nothing. Just dead. Running 1.6.0.21 java. I did try clearing java caches, re-downloading the app, etc.

I filed an EMC ticket, but they've yet to find the problem after 3 days. I was wondering if anyone here had seen similar issues, and if so, how you resolved it.

TY in advance,

        smithj