Networker

Re: [Networker] Way to associate nsrnmmd PID to particular drive?

2010-10-25 14:31:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] Way to associate nsrnmmd PID to particular drive?
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 14:30:07 -0400
I run on unix and there isn't even a really easy way there to tell which nsrmmd
is tying up a
drive.

In the situation you describe, I'd be looking for an alert that some
drive/volume was needed
for reading... and then hope you can figure out which stage/clone/backup is
calling for that
and terminate that process on the server to clear the idle write tape (yes,
NetWorker in my
observation gets the write target ready and then checks if the read source is
available).

Frank