Networker

Re: [Networker] How to reinstall and backup at the same time a Linux machine

2010-10-22 07:45:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to reinstall and backup at the same time a Linux machine
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 07:44:33 -0400
After you pkgrm, wipe out the /nsr directory which will be left behind.  Having
lived through
this nightmare a few times now, the problem is most likely the former machine
name that is
hiding in the /nsr/res/nsrladb area along with the SSL cert in there.

I've seen a lot of strange errors happen when that DB has the wrong system name
stored.  We use
systemimager to lay out the foundation on a lot of our deployed systems and
vmware clones for
others.  Both of those deployment techniques will cause me to have to diagnose
why machineX is
trying to recover data from its own backup and is being told that machineY
doesn't have access.

Frank