Networker

Re: [Networker] Confusing tape problem...

2010-10-15 09:43:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] Confusing tape problem...
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 09:41:33 -0400
I am running Red Hat Linux (RHEL 4 32-bit and 5 64-bit).

I started having this problem with NW 7.4.5.2 and am still having it with NW
7.5.3.2.

On 10/14/10 10:21 AM, George Sinclair wrote:
> What OS are you running?

I am running Red Hat Linux (RHEL 4 32-bit and RHEL 5 64-bit).

> What version of NetWorker?

When I first noticed this problem, I was running NW 7.4.5.2 and it is still
here with NW 7.5.3.2.

> What is your set up?

I have a NetWorker server and eight storage nodes.  The NetWorker server has
the robot of the
tape library and the fourteen tape drives are direct attached (no switch) to
the various
storage nodes, two storage nodes have one tape drive each, three storage nodes
have two tape
drives each, two storage nodes have three tape drives each.

The problem hits on almost all the tape drives on both versions of RHEL.  There
are no error
messages logged in /var/log/messages on the storage node, nor on the tape
library to indicate
that any error really happened.