Networker

Re: [Networker] Confusing tape problem...

2010-10-13 15:05:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Confusing tape problem...
From: "STANLEY R. HORWITZ" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 15:04:37 -0400
Strange. Do you have a tape on hand where you can overwrite the data on it? If
so, put it in a tape drive and tar a file to it and see how long it takes. Use
a file that's a decent size and time it as in

timer tar cvf /dev/ns1 file

and repeat for each tape drive. Do this several times per device and see if tar
throws any errors up on the screen and what performance you get.