Networker

Re: [Networker] NMC server to rule 5 enviroments / datazones

2010-09-30 15:09:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMC server to rule 5 enviroments / datazones
From: Valere Binet <valere.binet AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 14:58:12 -0400
Frank,

I found this in the EMC NetWorker Release 7.4 Service Pack 1 Multiplatform
Version Administration Guide (pg668) :
1.    Determine the two port numbers used for connecting to the Console
server.

Note: To identify the specified ports, refer to the GST server package in
the install.log file. Look for the following expressions as part of larger
expressions:
•    http_svc_port -t int -v http_service_port
•    clnt_svc_port -t int -v client_service_port
where http_service_port and client_service_port are port numbers. By default
the HTTP service port is set to 9000 and the client service port is set to
9001.

2.    Use the firewall software to accept inbound and outbound (TCP packets
from the HTTP and client service ports determined in step 1.
3.    Use the firewall software to accept inbound and outbound TDS packets
from the Database Communications port (port 2638).

Hoping this helps.

Groetjes,

Valere Binet