Networker

Re: [Networker] Large ZFS file system backup problems

2010-09-27 19:32:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Large ZFS file system backup problems
From: Rachel Polanskis <r.polanskis AT uws.edu DOT au>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 09:31:39 +1000
On Mon, 27 Sep 2010, Paul Key wrote:
Hi

On client: Solaris 10 x86 Networker 7.5.1.Build.269
On backup server: Sun StorageTek(TM) Enterprise Backup 7.4,REV=634 Network Edition/65535

I am trying to back up an email store on a ZFS file system which is around 600GB in size.

However the full dump operation fails with "aborted due to inactivity".

I have backed up an individual user's email by hard-coding the saveset to point to the relevant directory in the store - this worked fine.

I have increased the group inactivity timeout to 180 minutes but the full dump is still failing.

Is there anything else I need to configure to get the full dump to succeed?

I have found the only way to get around this error is to set group inactivity
timeout to Zero!
It happens to us on all systems, but especially windows....

--
Rachel Polanskis                Systems Admin, University of Western Sydney
ADD Werrington North Campus     (+61 2) 9678 7291  <r.polanskis AT uws.edu DOT