Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6 SP1

2010-09-27 15:31:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6 SP1
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 14:29:19 -0500
At first blush, the ability to restart a backup on large file servers
sounds great, but can you really do it?

For example, we have 2 servers that take 36-48 hours to run a "Full"
backup, due to the number of files on the machines (over 20 million
between the 2 of them).

However, with the 24 hour enforcement, if you "restart" the group, more
than 24 hours after it originally started, won't it go ahead and start a
new backup, because you are past the 24 hour clock???

Just wondering if anyone has run across a way to get around this.

David M. Browning Jr.
IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk