Networker

[Networker] Large ZFS file system backup problems

2010-09-27 08:51:35
Subject: [Networker] Large ZFS file system backup problems
From: Paul Key <pkey AT SGUL.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:49:38 +0100
Hi

On client: Solaris 10 x86 Networker 7.5.1.Build.269
On backup server: Sun StorageTek(TM) Enterprise Backup 7.4,REV=634 Network Edition/65535

I am trying to back up an email store on a ZFS file system which is around 600GB in size.

However the full dump operation fails with "aborted due to inactivity".

I have backed up an individual user's email by hard-coding the saveset to point to the relevant directory in the store - this worked fine.

I have increased the group inactivity timeout to 180 minutes but the full dump is still failing.

Is there anything else I need to configure to get the full dump to succeed?

Thanks

Paul